Saturday, September 8, 2012

Read this and found it interesting....

Are We Raising Fashionistas Or Children?

So the question is are we raising fashionistas or children? First I want to say that I hate paying full price for my daughter's clothes. She is barely 11 months old and that first year their size it seems changes every other month. I dont agree nor disagree with the above shared blog however I am here to offer a happy medium. If I can save money I am on board.

So one of my favorite things to do is to take my daughter's clothes that she has grown out of to a store called Once Upon a Child. They take gently used childrens clothing and other items. I especially enjoy it when my budget for the month doesn't have room for extra spending money. This way I can get my shopping fix and my daughter some new clothes. They give you cash and/or store credit depending on the items. For more info visit ouac.com and find a store near you.
So I brought in box of clothes, shoes and a co-sleeper. They ended up taking 17 items and I got $20 to spend. Now if you use it that same day you don't have to pay sales tax. I live in Tennessee and I'm not sure how that works in other states. You would need to check with your nearest locaation. So here it goes, $20 to get a fall warobe for Loralye who will be 1 years old in October. Right now she has been wearing size 12 months so I got size 12 months to 24 months. The challenge is to get as many items for $20. So here it goes. I stayed within my budget or so I thought. I misread a price tag and went over by $1.50. Now because I went over I had to pay tax on the $1.50 which it then totaled to $1.65 that I had to pay out of pocket. Here is what I got for $20:

Faded Glory pink polka dot cotton pants $1.50

Garanimals cuffed jeggings $1.50

Toughskins black with silver hearts leggings $1.50

Garanimals turquoise stretch pants $1.50

Carter's purple cotton pants $1.50

Garanimals magenta cotton flared pants $1.50

Garanimals light pink stretch pants $1.50

Faded Glory heart print thermal shirt $1.50

Garanimals pink and brown striped Henley $1.50

Toughskins black and silver striped Henley with tulle bow accents $2.50

Garanimals light pink sweatshirt with bow print $1.50

Carter's pink fleece with polka dots $1.50

Carter's white fleece with multi color hearts snap-up hoody $2.50

Total $21.50, $-20 store credit equals $1.50 plus tax: $1.65 paid with cash. For all this I paid $1.65 out of pocket. That's 6 tops and 7 pairs of pants. Super excited... <3

No comments:

Post a Comment