Monday, July 23, 2012

Baby Cakes

So I always heard of diaper cakes and never thought much of them until I received one as a gift at my own baby shower last year. I love new DIY projects. I have made 2 diaper cakes so far, one for a boy and one for a girl.

I made fire truck and police car themed cake for the boy. I used Huggies Little Movers Jean edition size 2 diapers, wide red ribbon and thin blue ribbon. I used wooden accents (a police car and fire truck) as the focal point. I also added a cute plaid shirt as a topper. I added a pacifier and baby eating utensils. This was made for a family friend for her baby shower.

The girl diaper cake was made for my wonderful sister-in-law. The theme was princess ballerina and colors were pink and purple. I used Huggies Little Snugglers size 1 and 2 diapers. I used wide purple ribbon and thin pink ribbon with a floral like design. I used a princess crown and purple ballerina as the focal points, used a hot pink bow head band, 2 pacifiers, 2 pairs of socks rolled into flowers and each tier had a wooden base. I used a princess wand as a topper which also was used to hold the layers together. I used white tulle and pink streamer paper twister togther as "icing" to cover the top of diapers. I also hid mini size baby toileturies inside the layers. This was used as a center piece at the baby shower. Each cake took about 52 diapers.

See pictures attached.



No comments:

Post a Comment